Birthdays in your 40s aren’t so bad when you get to celebrate them like this!
* A weekend at the fabulous hotel The Lovat in Fort Augustus
* Divine dinners at The Lovat, too
* Lots of nice wine and whisky at The Lovat, as well
* A gorgeously scenic, 70-mile cycle right around Loch Ness
* A trip to the romantic and fascinating Urquhart Castle
* A hugely informative photography workshop with NevisPix
* A challenging run up the Munro Geal Charn (Monadh Liath)
* And last, but by no means least, the wonderful company of my boyfriend, the G-Force.
And thanks to The G-Force I now have a shiny new camera (to replace the last one that suddenly died during a hill walk last month).
In this blog I reveal some of the weekend in pics:
A few of my top activities
About Fiona Outdoors
I work, write and play about Scotland's great outdoors.