Mammut Rime Pro IN hooded jacket
The Mammut Rime Pro IN Hooded Jacket is aimed at men who enjoy a range of activities from ice climbing to hill walking.
- Pertex Endurance fabric with water-resistant coating on arms, shoulders and hood
- Body fabric is Pertex Quantum
- Breathable synthetic Primaloft insulation fibre filling (Ajungilak OTI Climate) for stop-and-go activities
- Wide cut to allow the jacket to be worn over a hard shell
- Anatomically tailored, adjustable and helmet-compatible hood
- Articulated elbows
- 2 side pockets with zips
- Front zip pocket
- Chin protection at zip top
- 2 Powermesh inner pockets
- 2-way front zip
- Average weight: 540g
On test: Mammut Rime Pro IN hooded jacket
I asked my friend Nick G to test the jacket. He reports: “I love this jacket! It has become my favourite item of clothing and only the desire to keep it clean has compelled me to leave it behind on some outdoor trips.
“On numerous occasions, when returning to base after a long cold run or a bike ride, I have enjoyed instant warmth and comfort when I put on the Rime jacket. Even when worn over just a t-shirt, it has been enough to keep me warm.
“The hood is really useful too and it effectively keeps out the wind. The hood is very large but it has a stiffened peak to maintain shape when zipped up. The high neck is great at keeping out the cold winds but, unzipped, there is quite a lot of material loose around your head so that is a bit of a negative.
“The fit is nice and roomy for times when you need to get warm while still wearing other layers. There are also lots of useful pockets.
“It feels like I have good freedom to move about, too. The arms and shoulders are stretchy and that make sit a very comfortable and easy jacket to wear.
“This is a super, well made jacket that can be used for almost anything. It packs small and stays warm in the wet. I highly recommend it.”
See Mammut for stockists. The RRP is around £170.