The nice people at Hi-tec have sent me a pair of walking boots to test-drive on the hills around Aviemore this weekend. It’s the first time for more than 20 years that I have owned a pair of leather boots. But with so much wet weather around I’m thinking that leather will be a huge asset.
The technical name for boots is: V-Lit Altitude Ultra Luxe WPI in a size 8. They look lovely and the feel very light.
According to the website features include:
- Waterproof nubuck leather upper
- Ion-mask waterproof technology
- Fully gusseted leather tongue
- Soft-padded leather collar
- Moisture-wicking lining
- Rustproof hardware
- Stabila-Flex contoured bi-fit board for support without the weight
- Lightweight compression-molded EVA midsole
- Exclusive Vibram® outsole
- Comfort-Tec contoured sockliner
The test will come when tramping through the bogs and on rough trails over the next couple of I’ll blog my report on these Hi-tec boots after this weekend.
Little Miss Outdoors has also been sent a pair of Junior Renegrade Trail walking boots. We’ll be testing these on a hill near Glasgow sometime over the Easter hols.