Why I like to run on Christmas day
A short run on Christmas morning has become something of a tradition. I time the run to fit between earlier morning breakfast, coffee and the opening of the Santa stocking pressies and the later morning arrival of family.
10 reasons why I like a Christmas run
(And in no particular order.)
1) It’s fun to meet strangers and call a cheery Merry Christmas as I run.
2) I love the feeling of doing something that many people won’t bother to do on Christmas morning (although an increasing number of pals have reported a Christmas run or bike ride as the years go by).
3) It allows me to start the day with a smug calorie deficit, as I prepare to stuff my face on Christmas food and chocolates.
4) It gives Wispa the Wonder Whippet a bout of exercise on a day when she is likely to receive a few extra treats.
5) Running boosts my feel-good mood and gives me a smile before embarking on the veg peeling.
6) A run on Christmas day keeps me on track for the December Marcothon (run every day in December).
7) A morning run usually sees off any residue hangover form too many glasses of wine on Christmas eve.
8) While I run, everyone else is busy doing bits and pieces of Christmas dinner preparation so I have less to do on my return.
9) As I ran this Christmas day it gave me a chance to test a new pair of Merrell barefoot running trainers, the Mix Master Move Glides. I will be reporting back in another blog.
10) And because I ran, the G-Force ran, too, which put him in an excellent mood for all his Christmas Day chores!
I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas. Our family day was fun, entertaining and just a tad fattening!