I nominate to appreciate…The G-Force
I love a coincidence. You know, like when you meet someone and they know one of your other friends, just by chance. Or when you discover that someone you know has also lived in the same place as you as a child, or worked in the same office, but you didn’t realise at the time.
Another coincidence popped up this week. I was sent an email that suggested I enter a Tuscany Now competition (“Nominate to Appreciate”) to try to win a trip to Italy to stay in a luxury villa for a weekend. I wasn’t sure that I would enter until I noticed that the villa is close to the city of Florence. And Florence is the first city that my partner, the G-Force (aka Gordie), mentioned that we should visit when we first got together.
Six years later and we still haven’t found the time to go… although we do still talk about it.
So, of course, I have decided to have a go at winning the trip. The idea is that I suggest someone – #TuscanyNominate – who I think would deserve a trip to Tuscany. If I win I get to go with them. Obviously, I am nominating the G-Force. But why is he deserving of my nomination?
(Blog warning: Look away now if you find it nauseating to read about the love of one person for another!)
Why the G-Force deserves a weekend in Tuscany
I don’t think we are especially different from many couples and we have our fair share of ups and downs. I am not sure either of us is particularly deserving of any kind of treat although I know we would relish a relaxing weekend away together in sunny Tuscany.
But I do think that – also, like many people – we forget to celebrate and say what we like about each other. So this is my chance. Perhaps it will lead to even more time on a weekend away in which we can remind each other of the great stuff about our relationship but if not this blog will have been worth doing.
20 reasons why the G-Force should win a weekend away
1) He puts up with me (and that is truly an impressive feat!)
2) He’s been there through all the ups and downs – and he doesn’t show any signs of going anywhere else
3) He understands my downs and can empathise (a rare type of man, for sure!)
4) He’s my best friend and my sounding board
5) He’s my sensible head when I’m being silly and stressy
6) He’s my fun person when I am too serious or worried
7) He makes me laugh (even in the middle of an argument)
8) He’s clever and smart, even if he, himself, believes he’s not.
9) He’s modest, kind and gentle
10) He’s not perfect, and can be depressed and moany, but that makes me more likely to want to treat him to something special
11) He’s tried very hard to adapt to family life despite being a happily confirmed bachelor when he met me
12) He’s taught me to walk big mountains and how to safely navigate
13) He always buys me flowers even when I tell him not to because it’s silly and expensive
14) He’s given me confidence in myself
15) He’s as sure as sure can be that we’re good together (even when things aren’t so easy)
16) He loves me unconditionally
17) He thinks I’m funny!
18) He makes me feel good about myself.
19) He shares my dreams
20) Oh, and just to underline the fact, he really does put up with me!
Six things we’d do in Tuscany
1) Eat delicious Italian meals and drink countless bottles of red Italian wine while passing the time (slowly) chatting about life and our dreams.
2) Wander, hand in hand, the historic streets of Florence.
3) Visit tiny hill top Tuscany villages and eat picnics of Italian bread, cheese and meats beneath a warm sun.
4) Watch sunsets from our luxury villa.
5) Hire scooters and explore hills and valleys.
6) Relax. Because we rarely ever relax together.