Sunix Lightweight Mobile headlamp
In other words, the Sunix Lightweight Mobile headlamp is a head torch! It is a product that is most useful for camping trips and has a wide elastic strap that affixes the torch around your head so you can see in the dark hands-free.
I have used head torches for many years and it’s difficult to imagine a camping trip without one. There are numerous times when it is useful, for example, when sorting out kit at night in the tent, when cooking after dark, when heading out to find a wild/actual bathroom etc.
A head torch is also a vital piece of kit for winter walking trips. If you end up walking after dark or caught in an emergency situation a head torch could save your life.
The Sunix Lightweight Mobile headlamp has a number of good points:
- It is easy to fit around the head and can be adjusted for all sizes of heads.
- It stays firmly in place once on the head.
- It is water resistant
- It is rechargeable, so there is no extra cost of batteries
- It has three lit modes, including high, medium and low, that use up decreasing amounts of charge
- When set on low, the torch will apparently run for 230 hours
- There is also a floodlight and strobe setting , so this head torch could be useful for activities such as cycling to make other road users easily aware of your presence
- The headtorch comes in a range of colours, if you are bothered about that. For example, blue, orange, green, purple, red and yellow, as well as black, white and grey. This could make it a fun camping gadget for kids.
- It is fairly cheap. £15.99 is a good price for a headtorch that has the capacity to shine at 130 lumens and is rechargeable.
- The head lamp is durable – and the brand is so confident about this that it comes with a lifetime warranty.
What I am not so sure about:
Being rechargeable is good but what if you need the torch in an emergency or you are camping in the wilds and the charge goes? A battery headtorch is easy to deal with because you can carry spare batteries but you would need to think about how you would recharge this headtorch when away from electricity.
The solution would be a portable charger and lead but would you remember to take that?
The headlamp is claimed to be lightweight however I own head torches that are far lighter and smaller (but they are far, far more expensive).
On balance, for the price, this is quite a neat and compact head torch.
Buy from Xsource via Amazon.