Tickets on sale for Scottish Cycling, Running & Outdoors Pursuits Show 2017
The Scottish Cycling, Running and Outdoors Pursuits Show is back in 2017 – and tickets have now gone on sale. I went to the inaugural show last march and I thought it was a great day out. Everyone I spoke to had high praise for the three-day Glasgow event.
Now in its second year, there will be a host of great brands, stalls and exhibitors, many new features and challenges across a variety of outdoor sports and lots for all the family to enjoy.
The Scottish Cycling, Running and Outdoors Pursuits Show will take place at the SECC in Glasgow on March 10 to 12, 2017, from 10am to 5pm each day.
Unique Glasgow sporting event
There will be more than 100 top brands, including big cycling names such as Canyon, Cube, Merida, Alpine, Santa Cruz, Cervelo and BTWIN, as well as Newton, On, Altra, Ronhill, Hilly, Craft, Kalenji and CEP Sportswear from the running arena.
Visitors will have the chance to find out the latest in sport technology, clothing and accessories.
There will also be a number of sport celebrities from the world of cycling, athletics and the great outdoors who will feature in the theatre, which is this year sponsored by the UK’s best-selling cycling magazine, Cycling Weekly.
The event promises something for every age, sporting interest and fitness level.
For young, aspiring athletes there will be fun-filled activities to take part in with a dedicated area for under 16s. These include an assault courses, an Under-16 only cycle area, climbing wall, Go Ape rope course and Scottish Cycling sponsored Mountain Bike Trail.
And for the grown-ups:
- Race on an indoor cycling track sponsored by the Tour of Ayrshire.
- Try out the latest road bikes from Bike Swanky on the track.
- Try the e-Mountain Bike Course sponsored by Bosch, with purpose-built trail for you to test your biking skills.
- Try a Segway course.
- Triathlon and ironman challenges.
- Runners can put their sprinting techniques to the test, with the opportunity to use professional starting blocks.
- Marathon challenge that includes a chance to win a place in the New York Marathon
- A velodrome sponsored by Street Velodrome
- Bio Metric testing with Hampden Sports Clinic.
- Book taster spinning classes and a range of other fitness classes.
Record breaker cyclist
Come along on Friday 11th March to witness ultra-marathon cyclist Katie Ford as she tries to break the Guinness World Record for the greatest simulated distance on a static cycle in 12 hours.
For those looking to make 2017 more active there will be the opportunity to book taster spinning classes with Boiler Room Fitness as well as a range of classes in our Active Zone with David Lloyd and North Lanarkshire Leisure at the show! And what’s more you can pre book classes on the website for free! There will be a number of different activities to choose from including exercises for cardio, strength and conditioning for the mind and body offered throughout the day, so you can choose an exercise schedule that works for you.