Review: Aquapac waterproof bike pannier
The Aquapac waterproof bike pannier is sold as a single item or a pair. Each pannier holds 17 litres and is designed to ensure fully waterproofing for your gear while cycling. The pannier fits to a rear wheel rack, with a maximum bar diameter of 12mm.
- 3-roll seal makes the panniers waterproof to IPX6 (that’s more than just rainproof!)
- All-welded bag construction
- Seal the pannier at the sides (for maximum compression), or at the top (for maximum volume)
- Grab handles, so you can carry the pannier
- Supplied with adjustable rack fixings, so you can make them fit your bike (they fit on to to 1/2in / 12mm tubing)
- Reflective strips
- Weight: 795g.
- Price £29.99 single or £49.99 pair.
- See Aquapac pannier. Also sold by Amazon.
On test: Aquapac pannier
My friend Vicky cycles to work several times a week. She lives near Glasgow, where it rain. A lot. She has been using the pannier for commuting and throughout the winter.
She says: “It’s kept my stuff dry, which is a big tick.
“It does smell rather plasticky and I am not so keen on that but I have got used to that. It’s also quite heavy and made of a stiff waterproof material but that means it’s robust and durable.
“Above all, it keeps everything dry and safe inside and when you cycle through a Scottish winer that is very important.
“I recommend this pannier for situations where things can get wet and muddy. If I was to go on a summer trip by bike I would be more likely to use lighter weight bike packing bags but for a daily commute in Scotland’s wet west coast area it’s ideal.”