It woulds be great if people would help me to create a #GiveCOVIDtheBoot video. You can be anyone I know and from anywhere in the world. See the campaign details.
You can star in the short clip by yourself or with your household.
How to shoot the footage
1 Take a short film clip in landscape (horizontal) mode using your phone or a tablet. You could use an improvised tripod, such as a chair, or ask someone else to take the photo of you.
2 Make sure the footage includes a boot, shoe or trainer (something that you wear a lot in the great outdoors) being thrown to you from off-screen and then includes you throwing the footwear away, too. Left to right for the throw in and out is a good idea.
3 When you catch the footwear, hold it for a moment and say briefly what you have been doing during lockdown to stay fit or keep yourself busy while staying home and staying local.
- “I have been running circuits of my garden with the kids”
- “I have been sorting my maps collection”
- “I have been blogging about the outdoors indoors”
- “I have been enjoying Zoom Zwift classes”
- “I have been walking a lot more with my partner”
- “I did a mini triathlon in my garden for charity”
- “I went gamping”
- “I have been making plans for a wild camping adventure when we are allowed back to the mountains”
- “I have been mountain biking close to home” etc.
An example of a great video:
4 Also think about how the next person might catch the boot you have thrown virtually. You could throw it over a fence, under your leg, over your head and out of shot. You could also kick the boot away.
5 Then send the footage to me with your name and where you live. I will presume that you give me permission to use the footage and publish it as a longer video. Email: [email protected].
6 I will edit the clips to create a video, which I will share on social media as a way to encourage people to stay home, stay local and not to head to the mountains even when the sun is shining and you’re off work. Join the #GiveCOVIDtheBoot campaign.