Kit review: Outwell Constellation sleeping bag
There are times when you want an ultra lightweight sleeping bag (for example, during a long-distance hiking trip or for a multi-day adventure race) and times when you want a super comfortable car-to-campsite kind of sleeping bag.
The new Constellation range of Outwell sleeping bags are the perfect glamping products.
Even before you climb inside the wonderfully puffed up and comfy bag you can tell it’s lavishly made. The outer fabric of the bag is so soft to the touch and invites you to stroke it! I know, this is odd behaviour, but it really does feel lovely.
Inside the bag is a brushed cotton lining that also feels soft to touch and the plumped up filling is made from “quality Isofill insulation”. In reality this feels light and soft like a brand-new duvet.
The shape of the bag is a rectangle. There’s a single bag size and also a double bag. The single looks large enough to cope with all sizes of campers.
When I am not “roughing it” I like to enjoy a bit of luxury at night and if I can stretch out properly, long ways and side-ways, it makes my night’s sleep so much better.
I would use this sleeping bag on top of a big blow-up mattress in a family-sized tent for even more comfort. It would also be great for campervan and caravan holidays.
There are several nice features of the Outwell Constellation sleeping bag including:
- A large pillow that can be zipped on and off
- A two-way L-shape zip with auto lock, so it stays put where you want it
- The zip facilitates the connection of two single bags to create a double.
- A zip also allows the bag to be split in half for two sleeping blankets.
- Corner inner attachment points to hold an optional Outwell inner bag, if you want to keep the bag cleaner inside for longer
- The bag is packed into a large square zipped case with a handle when not in use. The bag is around 50cm square so it’s definitely one to add to the car boot rather than a rucksack.
Single: 230cm long x 90cm wide
Double: 230cm long x 160cm wide.
The bag’s “Tcomfort” rating is for UK use for most people from late-spring to early summer.
The Outwell Constellation single sleeping bag retails at around £99.99, while the double is £159.99. See Outwell and outdoors retailers.