This evening I chaired a vey informative and interesting webinar for Scottish Cycling entitled: Cycling Through The Menopause. If you missed it, you can see the recording of the session below.
The session will be useful for women who take part in all types of sports – and regardless of age. It will happen at some point, so it’s a good idea to be aware of symptoms and how to cope.
It is an informative session for men, too, as well as coaches. The more people who understand this phase of a woman’s life the better.
We had a large audience – and lots of questions from a wide range of people. We did not have time to answer all the many questions but there will be a follow up of information by Scottish Cycling.
There are lots of resources, too:
- Diane Danzebrink’s campaign and petition to improve GP education, workplace support and school education.
The panel included:
– Joyce McKellar, Scottish Cycling board member
– Vicky Begg, triathlete and triathlete coach
– Stephanie Kershaw-Marsh, from Menopause Support
– Fiona Walker, cyclist and coach
– Kris Kumari, cyclist and nutritionist.
Thanks to Scottish Cycling for inviting me to chair this webinar.