Suppose you have saved up for a special trip, booked accommodation and taken a leave from your work. Your bags are packed to bursting and your friends are excited about the upcoming journey. However, when you arrive at the airport, you find you have a flight cancellation or delay. Such a situation is not only disappointing but also worrying for people with commitments.
This is where Flightright comes in. Flightright protects your air passenger rights with no cost risk. Before you give in to the frustration of the hassle that the airline is sure to put you through, remember that Flightright is an expert in dealing with paper warfare and other legal tactics airlines employ to avoid paying compensation.
When the delay is not your fault, Flightright can help you file a claim for compensation under EU Flight Compensation Regulation 261/2004. Depending upon the state of affairs, you may be entitled to a full ticket refund, alternate flight, or even compensation for flight cancellation.
How do I get a compensation for my cancelled flight?
If you wonder how to get a compensation for a cancelled flight with Flightright, this is how you do it.
You have the right to receive a complete refund or a replacement ticket when your airline cancels your flight. You also have the right to care and refreshments if your flight was cancelled or delayed after arriving at the airport. Your refreshments or living arrangements must be reasonable when flight cancellation necessitates an unexpected stay of one or more nights.
If the flight is brought forward without notification, it is considered the same as cancellation and merits similar compensation. It is the airline’s responsibility to inform you of any scheduling changes.
Short notice cancellation also entitles you to compensation.
Flightright can offer its help fighting for your claim under all these circumstances and more.
Can I get compensation for my cancelled flight?
If you are worried about whether you qualify for compensation, this is how you can find out.
There are some pre-requisites to your eligibility. You may only qualify if one of the following is true;
- Your flight was leaving from the UK (regardless of the airline).
- Your flight was arriving in the UK and owned by a UK or EU based airline.
- Your flight was arriving in the EU and owned by a UK based airline.
Do you fall under one of the above? If so, you will qualify for compensation if the following conditions are fulfilled;
- You had a confirmed booking.
- You checked in on time at the airport (45 mins before the flight).
- You got the cancellation notification less than 14 days before the flight, or you got no notification at all.
- The flight cancellation or delay was the airline’s responsibility.
- The airline offered no alternative flight.
How much compensation can I get for a cancelled flight?
Provided the other conditions are met:
- On short-distance flights (up to 1500km), you can get 250€ in compensation
- On medium-distance flights (1500km to 3500km), you can get 400€ in compensation
- On long-distance flights (3500km and above), you can get 250€ in compensation
Flightright can help you get that claim even if your flight cancellation incident happened years ago. Legally, you are entitled to the claim for up to 6 years.