Tons of fun for the competitive outdoors fan in 2010
Outdoor event specialists No Fuss Events, based in Fort William, have announced their 2010 programme of challenging events. There’s a great choice from trail running to downhill endurance mountain biking to the toughest triathlons and world’s craziest water sport.
And you don’t have to be a pro to take part. No Fuss are encouraging participation from first timers, families, work colleagues, weekend warriors and elite athletes.
This year there are three new events being added to the already exciting line-up. These are:
* The Trail Half Marathon: Scotland’s newest off-road run on some of the most scenic trails in the heart of Fort William and Lochaber – The Outdoor Capital of the UK;
* The Tour De Ben Nevis (sponsored by Orange Mountain Bikes): A no frills, 61km point-to-point mountain bike stage race that circumnavigates Ben Nevis.
* The Highland Warrior (70.3) Triathlon: Neither half Ironman nor middle distance triathlon, this is a full on race that will push even the toughest triathlete to the limit.
The full No Fuss 2010 event programme includes:
* 13 & 14 March – The Wee Triathlon, Fort William – due to popular demand the same event is offered on two days
* The Benromach Three Tens Series – The epic 10 under the Ben (15 May) is again joined by 10 at Kirroughtree (10 July) and 10 More in Moray (21 August) as the much loved cross country mountain bike endurance series grows in stature
* 16 May – The Trail Half Marathon and 5k Fun Run
* 17 July – Glen Nevis River Race, Fort William – A wet and wild waterfall jumping, rapid rafting swim and scramble
* 24 July – The Hope Endurance Downhill, Fort William – What goes up must come down…. again and again.
* 11 September – The Big Ben Nevis and the Half Big Ben Nevis Triathlon – Some say this is the toughest off road triathlon on the UK circuit; we couldn’t possibly comment!
* 11 September – The Tour De Ben Nevis
* 12 September – The Highland Warrior Triathlon
* 9-10 October – Relentless 24 – A day long cross country mountain biking marathon
Go on, you know you want to!