The Peebles Outdoor Film Festival joins a fast growing stable of outdoor and adventure festivals in Scotland. The Peebles programme of events launches this weekend (February 13 to 15, 2015) and promises a great line up of films and speakers.
The festival will be hosted in the Eastgate Theatre with two days and three nights of short films, feature-length presentations and some top sports and adventure speakers.
- Edinburgh GP and ultra-marathon specialist Andrew Murray, who will treat the audience to the first account of his Namib 550 adventure (he has just finished running across the desert).
- Acclaimed cycling journalist Richard Moore, who will introduce a screening of Slaying the Badger, a new film based on his book of the same name that captures the high drama of the 1986 Tour de France
- Downhill mountain biker turned TV/film stuntman and Berghaus extreme sports athlete Rob Jarman
- Global adventurer and founder of the Microadventure, Al Humphreys
- Outdoor photographer and film-maker Lukasz Warzecha.
See the full programme.
Tickets are available from the Eastgate Theatre, Peebles. See www.eastgatearts.com or call the box office on 01721 725 777.