A new charity cycling event is being launched in Scotland this summer. EMMS International hopes to raise funds for healthcare projects in Malawi, India and Nepal through the new two-day Cycle Iona challenge on September 25 to 27.
Cycle Iona is a 120-mile ride over two days and will take riders from the mainland to Iona, a beautiful island off the coast of another island, Mull.
Cycle Iona itinerary
Day 1: Cycle Balloch to Oban – approx. 70 miles
Day 2: Take an early morning ferry to Mull, cycle across the island of Mull, catch the ferry to Iona – approx. 50 miles
Day 3: Return by coach
Who can take part?
Cycle Iona is open to open to everyone from experienced cyclists to those wishing to try out their first challenge cycle. You will be supported with training advice as well as being looked after by Events Partner Sport Ecosse.
Registration fee: £145. Discounts entries are available for groups.
Sponsorship target: Each participant is asked to fundraise a minimum of £995.
Cycle Iona highlights
- Visiting Iona, the symbolic centre of Scottish Christianity.
- Riding through tranquil spots by Loch Lomond, reaching Oban, before setting sail for Mull and Iona.
- Exploring new places in unspoilt Scottish landscapes.
- Enjoying companionship of likeminded cyclist.
- Raising funds for vital healthcare projects in developing countries.
EMMS has a long list of great sounding charity events