Review: Olight Perun 2 Purple Gradient Powerful Multi-functional head light
I have been sent a new head lamp to test, the Olight Perun 2 Purple Gradient Powerful Multi-functional head light to test. These are my independent thoughts.
- 4000mAh 21700 battery, this new multi-functional right angle torch
- Maximum output of 2,500 lumens
- Built-in sensor to drop brightness (which means it adjusts when you are reading a map, for example)
- A dual direction pocket clip for multiple carrying options such as a pocket or backpack strap
- Headband for hands-free use
- Max light throw: 166m
- Max runtime: 12.5 days (on low beam)
- Drop test: 1.5m
- Magnetic base for charging
- It retails at £99.95 but is currently for sale for £79.95. Buy from Olight. I receive a small commission for any sales that come through this website.
- DISCOUNT CODE: All products that are not at a sale price on the Olight website receive a 10% discount with this code: FIONA10
Pros: Olight Perun 2 Purple Gradient Powerful Multi-functional head light
This is a robust and durable torch with a range of uses as it can be attached to your pack or jacket with a firm pocket clip or worn as a headtorch.
Charging is easy thanks to a solid magnetic base and the output of the light is great. 2,500 lumens is really bright. There are several light beam settings – 500, 120, 30 and 5 – for different conditions and to enable you to save on battery use.
The sensor to adjust the beam, such as when reading a map, is useful.
I would not worry about throwing this torch in my pack and leaving it there for months. It is very solid and well made.
There are options to buy bundles, such as a portable charger.
Cons: Olight Perun 2 Purple Gradient Powerful Multi-functional head light
When the light is charged and you are trying to put it into the headband, it is too easy to keep turning it on. This is becaue the switch on button is on the base of the torch, which I kept hitting when pushing the torch into the band.
The beam is bright and wide but doesn’t seem as focused as my usual running headtorch.
This is a torch that is much better hand held or attached to your pack with the clip. While I prefer a headtorch, I know runners who like to carry their torch in their hand or on the front of their pack or jacket.
Compared to my lightweight running headtorches, the Olight is heavy. It is fine as a headtorch for walking but when running it weighed heavy on my forehead.
Conclusion: Olight Perun 2 Purple Gradient Powerful Multi-functional head light
A robust and durable torch with great light output and battery life. I would suggest it is a good choice for walkers, ski tourers and campers rather than runners because there are other lighter weight torches that I prefer. If you want a torch that will give good beam output and last a long time on one charge, it is also a great choice.
It is the sort of torch I would leave in a walking rucksack for emergencies or for when I want to enjoy an early morning or night walk in the dark. It would also make a great camping torch.
It is also a pretty torch! The colours are lovely!