I have been happy to review several products from Isobaa. Read about the Isobaa merino 200 zip hoodie. My latest test items are the Isobaa Merino Crew Sweater and a beanie hat.
The Isobaa Merino Crew Sweater is made from superfine 9 gauge Merino. It’s a smart- casual style that is looser fit than the hoodie.
It’s the sort of jumper that works well for both country walks and heading to the pub. In fact, I’ve worn it a to at home, while dog walking and when visiting friends or meeting up with clients.
- 9 gauge 18.5 micron Superfine 100% Merino wool
- A-line shape
- Fully fashioned armholes for a comfortable fit
- Ribbed cuffs and hem
- Naturally soft, moisture wicking, odour resistant and breathable
- Contrast coloured stripe at cuff and back hem
- Recycled packaging
- Note: The product is made in China by an internationally audited factory to confirm working conditions are fair, safe, and environmentally sound.
- Sizes XS to XL
- Price: £100
- See Isobaa Sweaters.
My thoughts: Isobaa Merino Crew Sweater
Easy to wear and to like, the Isobaa sweater is another win in my opinion. It’s a more casual style top and while the hoodie is useful and practical for mountain days, the sweater is more of a relaxed wear item.
I am rarely dressed up but I do like outdoors style clothes that are versatile. I have worn the jumper for dog walks, while working at home, at the pub, to work meetings and just while generally doing stuff.
It’s a loose fit and if you are keen to have a top that fits more neatly, you should go down a size. I like that it fits over other layers.
The merino wool is light, soft and warm and also holds its shape. You can machine wash it at low temperature.
The colours are lovely, too. I really like the teal with light blue cuffs.
I now have many friends who have bought Isobaa and they all talk about good quality and warmth. Some have said the sizes are a bit big, so it is worth keeping this in mind.
Isobaa items are not cheap but I have rarely seen merino wool clothing that is budget priced. The wool is durable and long lasting and because it is natural it doesn’t end up too smelly so you do not need to constantly wash it. This is great for the environment.
Isobaa Merino 230 beanie
Made from superfine 230gm Merino, the double-layered beanie looks good and keeps you warm.
- 230gm 18.5 micron superfine 100% merino wool
- Useful for different activities
- Can be worn on it’s own or under a hood/helmet
- Naturally warm, soft, moisture wicking, odour resistant and breathable
- Easy care & quick drying
- Recycled packaging
- Note: The time is made in China by an internationally audited factory to confirm working conditions are fair, safe, and environmentally sound.
- One size.
- £30, Isobaa beanie
This is a lovely hat. It’s lightweight, colourful and easy to wear. You can wear it “long” our fold up the hem for a shorter and neater fit.
This is the sort of hat I’d wear for casual out and about stuff; in the house when it is chilly or I am having a bad hair day; and also in the hills and. mountains when walking in cooler temperatures.
Isobaa has become a favourite brand. (Note: I receive items without charge and write independent reviews.)